A leading packaging material manufacturer is looking to add to their 2nd shift team of Machine Operators. The type of machine is a Kluge Machine, which embosses and foil stamps packaging material.
This opportunity is temp to hire, after successfully completing 90 days of employment, the client may offer a permanent position based on attendance and meeting production goals.
2nd shift - 2:30PM - 11:00PM, Monday - Friday.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set-up Kluge machine
- Troubleshoot and make needed adjustments to maximize production speed and quality
- Follow all information on job paperwork
- Fill out daily production log
- Follow quality guidelines for "in-process" inspection
- Perform preventive maintenance as outlined in Preventive Maintenance Program
- Clear machine jam-ups
- Follow the production schedule
- Perform any additional assigned duties as requested
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous machine set-up, adjustment and operation experience
- Read, comprehend and write English for documenting production data
- Able to commit to the 2nd shift, 2:30PM - 11:00PM, Monday - Friday
- Follow procedures, specifications and guidelines for the position
- Work at an efficient production pace meeting all production expectations
- Cross-train in other areas as directed by management
- Be able to work overtime as requested
- Ability to communicate effectively (written or verbal)
- Have good team working skills
- Exercise accuracy in all functions of the position
- Accepts levels of responsibility and accountable commensurate with the position
- Have an appreciation for the demands of the business
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal communication
- Positive attitude
- Flexible & adaptable
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects
- STOOPING - Bending body downward and forward. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- CROUCHING - Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
- REACHING - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- HANDLING - Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they're an extension of the hand.
Durham, Inc. provides professionals exceptional opportunities to connect with great employers in Western New York and metro Atlanta. We specialize in office, medical office, light industrial and professional staffing. Benefit from our 50 years of service excellence, constant innovation and friendly, expert staff.