Envelope Imaging Operator
Williamsville, NY 14221
Printing company located in Williamsville, NY is in need of an experienced Wave Jet Machine Operator. 2nd shift - 3:00 pm-11:00 pm - Monday-Friday - Temp to Hire position - $13.00-$17.00/hr. DOE. Must have reliable transportation. Submit resume for consideration. Durham Staffing, Inc. 6300 Transit Rd., Depew, NY.
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of envelope personalization machines, including accurate recording of material usage, production and waste. Also responsible for direction and actions of crew members to achieve company productivity and quality objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
- Set up and operate Kirk Rudy Wave Jet imaging machines (or other similar type equipment) in accordance with company objectives. Must have or acquire ability to run all USPS envelope sizes and configurations.
- Continually monitor quality of envelopes produced and make adjustments as need.
- Direct actions of imaging crew members to attain company objectives for productivity and quality.
- Perform minor repairs and troubleshooting for operational problems. Make only those adjustments that the operator has been trained or directed to perform.
- Ensure that all supplies, work procedures, instructions, diagrams, etc. are available to perform tasks required. Work with supervision to review and maintain current work procedures for efficient coiler operation.
- Accurately maintain all production records, including productivity and spoilage, material consumption and quality, entering such data into computer as necessary.
- Ensure that all stamp material is kept secure and ensure that all daily production is reconciled in accountability database. Accurately complete all other documentation as necessary.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Perform tasks safely and in accordance with facility health and safety, attendance and other company policies and procedures. Inform supervision of unsafe conditions or practices.
- Perform other duties as directed by line leader or supervisor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Experience in operating offline or sheet imaging equipment, such as Domino, Kirk Rudy or Video Jet. Basic PC skills, including PC screen interfaces for job set up and run is helpful.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Durham, Inc. provides professionals exceptional opportunities to connect with great employers in Western New York and metro Atlanta. We specialize in office, medical office, light industrial and professional staffing. Benefit from our 50 years of service excellence, constant innovation and friendly, expert staff.