Machinist - CNC
Lancaster, NY 14086
Lancaster company has positions available for machinists - Solidworks with Camworks, programming, set-up, and machine molds. Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm or 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Preferable multiple years of demonstrated experience. $17-$22 based on experience and skill set. May look at higher rate based on experience and education level. Please submit resume for immediate consideration. Temp To Perm. Durham Staffing Inc. 6300 Transit Rd., Depew, NY 14043.
CNC machinists are challenged with a variety of work, as every mold is unique. They design, machine, assemble, and repair molds; there is no production or piece-work. A machinist takes molds designed by engineers in SolidWorks and programs tool paths in CAMWorks, sets up modern CNC mills to machine stock, and completes the machining processes to produce the precision mold.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with existing machine shop personnel to build an understanding of shop standards and expectations
- Work with engineers and technicians to review overall mold designs and specifications
- Analyze specific mold component designs in SolidWorks
- Evaluate tooling and stock to determine if specialized setups will be required
- Develop cutting paths in CAMWorks
- Set up tooling using a tool presetter when required
- Set up CNC Mills to machine precision mold components
- Operate CNC machines to complete cutting operations
- Measure mold components using calipers, micrometers, depth micrometers, and other precision instruments
- Communicate component information to mold assemblers
- Clean machines and area on an ongoing basis
Non-essential Job Functions
- Perform other related responsibilities as required to meet the position objectives
- Adheres to all safety standards required by the company
- Familiarity with 3-D CAD and CAM software, vertical CNC mills, and measuring equipment is required
- Experience with CNC turning is preferred
- An understanding of wire EDM, manual mills, manual lathes, and surface grinding is a plus.
- Strong Computer Skills
- Must be able to interact and communicate with peers, managers, vendors and customers
- Must be able to lift up to 50
- Well organized
- Work well in a collaborative environment
- Able to multi-task programming, setup, and machining operations
- Provides information related to machining functions to manager
- Uses independent judgment to resolve customer issues
- Uses independent judgment to ensure machining standards are met and provide continued improvements of new strategies for department growth to management staff
Durham, Inc. provides professionals exceptional opportunities to connect with great employers in Western New York and metro Atlanta. We specialize in office, medical office, light industrial and professional staffing. Benefit from our 50 years of service excellence, constant innovation and friendly, expert staff.