Maintenance Technician-equipment and facility
Tonawanda, NY 14150
Tonawanda company needs a Maintenance Technician on 3rd shift. Full time - Temp to hire position. 3rd shift - 11:30 pm - 7:30 am - Sunday - Thursday. Minimum of 3 years experience. Durham Staffing - 6300 Transit Rd. - 716 - 684-6680. Please submit resume for immediate consideration.
The Maintenance Technician performs a wide array of work relating to equipment and facilities maintenance in a food manufacturing plant. Installing new lines and equipment and maintaining all existing equipment. This role covers maintenance tasks of varying scope with a high level of autonomy throughout the facility including preventative and corrective. Essential skills include mechanical & electrical troubleshooting/repair of various systems and equipment with a focus on customer service. Critical attributes include willingness and ability to promote positive safety behaviors as well as demonstrating a professional approach in working others to share and build understanding of best practices.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain all production equipment including preventative and corrective maintenance. Adjust and repair equipment as needed to ensure it is running efficiently.
- Investigate, diagnose, test, calibrate, install, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on all electronic and mechanical equipment and systems throughout the plant, to ensure optimal asset utilization, productivity, efficiency, and reliability.
- Provide primary, plant-wide support for PLC systems and equipment including software & firmware, processors, I/O, communication networks, programmers, and related equipment. This includes the ability to comprehend, navigate and modify the PLC programs controlling any particular process.
- Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled and complete documentation associated with preventative maintenance.
- Maintain adequate spare parts inventory and complete purchase requisitions as needed for parts, equipment, and tools. Monitor inventories of waste as assigned.
- Train other Team Members on equipment operation; helps instill operator ownership for basic and routine maintenance tasks, including equipment changeovers.
- Operates scissor lifts, hand trucks, and forklifts routinely in completing work.
- Work closely with team members in manufacturing to complete equipment changeovers in a safe, effective manner adhering to production scheduling and safety requirements.
- May be required to work flexible work schedule, as requested, which could include weekend work and preventative maintenance which cannot take place during operating hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required as Essential
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with external contractors and internal customers (all functional areas) to ensure equipment maintenance needs are met.
- Applicant must display mechanical aptitude and electrical/electronic troubleshooting skills down to the component level.
- Strong PLC Knowledge and the ability to troubleshoot equipment operational programs and field devices as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products.
- Possess strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, and mechanical skills.
- Ability to read and understand all maintenance manuals, codes, and regulations.
- Possess a basic understanding of math with the ability to apply this for maintenance purposes in a food manufacturing setting.
- Ability to use Personal Protective Equipment as required; commitment to using all PPE as required.
- Thorough understanding of all Company policies, including GMP’s, food safety, and human safety policies.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. in weight above shoulder level.
- The ability to read, write, and comprehend English.
Minimum of 3 years experience with Mechanical Maintenance - work relating to equipment and facilities maintenance in a light industrial environment.
Durham, Inc. provides professionals exceptional opportunities to connect with great employers in Western New York and metro Atlanta. We specialize in office, medical office, light industrial and professional staffing. Benefit from our 50 years of service excellence, constant innovation and friendly, expert staff.