Williamsville, NY 14221
Williamsville Printing company in search of an experienced Shipping/Receiving Clerk. 1st shift position - 7:00 am-3:00 pm Monday-Friday - overtime as required - $13.00-$17.00 per hour DOE - Temp to hire position. Must have forklift and be computer literate. Must have reliable transportation. Please submit your resume for consideration.
Durham Staffing, 6300 Transit Rd. Depew, NY 14043.
Responsible for moving raw materials, WIP, finished goods, supplies and other materials in support of production operations. Also assists shipping and other facility functions as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
- If not already certified, undertake training and become certified to operate electric and propane powered tow motors, pallet mules and walkie-stacker type material handling equipment inside the plant. Clamp truck experience is helpful. Move material outside of the plant as needed.
- Receive materials from vendors, subcontractors and other facilities and enter receipt into Logic information system.
- Computer literate is required.
- Act as point of contact for shipping issues with USPS and other vendors.
- Perform USPS envelope registry functions including generating labels and other documentation, register cartons for shipments, band & wrap pallets for pickup and staging of shipments.
- Perform routine and annual physical inventory, including paper, materials, supplies, etc.
- Load and unload trucks, preparing USPS shipments, stocking supplies in plant and moving other materials as needed.
- Constantly monitor WIP and finished pallets to ensure that all stamp product is segregated by job.
- Assist maintenance or outside contractors by providing material movement as needed.
- As required, operate company van or truck to deliver or pickup product, WIP, supplies or other materials in greater Buffalo area. A valid driver’s license with reliable transportation is necessary.
- Perform tasks safely and in accordance with health & safety, attendance, security and other company policies & procedures. Inform supervision of unsafe conditions or practices.
- Order and maintain shipping supplies as needed.
- Assist Inventory Clerk and Floor help as needed.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervision.
None directly, however, may be required to assist supervision in directing activities of Inventory Clerk and Floor Help.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual must be able to safely operate tow motors after passing certification.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Forklift certification or ability to obtain at facility.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Experience with basic PC functions including entering quantity data into spreadsheets or MIS systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. May be called upon to move loaded pallets using manual floor jacks. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and ambient heat from shrink wrap tunnels. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection may be required. Steel toe shoes are recommended.
Durham, Inc. provides professionals exceptional opportunities to connect with great employers in Western New York and metro Atlanta. We specialize in office, medical office, light industrial and professional staffing. Benefit from our 50 years of service excellence, constant innovation and friendly, expert staff.